Bathtub to shower conversions are a popular option for homeowners who want to update their bathrooms. A bathtub to shower conversion is essentially a remodeling project that replaces your existing bathtub with a shower enclosure.
If you’re looking for an affordable way to change up the look of your bathroom, a tub-to-shower conversion is an easy way to do so without breaking the bank. There are no major plumbing changes involved, so you won’t need expensive permits or other time-consuming steps. This means that it will be less expensive than other remodeling projects like adding new windows or walls. The following are some pros and cons of converting your bathtub to a shower:
Pros and Cons of a Bathtub to Shower Conversion
Like with anything, there are pros and cons. Find out why a bath tub to shower conversion may or may not be the best option for you.
- An easy and inexpensive way to update your bathroom.
- You can have a beautiful, custom-made shower with built-in seating (for the elderly or disabled) built in the space where you previously had a bathtub.
- The new shower can be made to look like an old-fashioned clawfoot tub if you choose one of the many styles available from companies such as Kohler or American Standard (which make high-end products).
- If you’re planning on selling your home in the future, it’s easier to sell a house with a new bathroom than one with an old-fashioned bathtub that needs updating or replacing (and all the extra work involved).
- Another benefit to converting your tub is that it makes your bathroom more accessible for everyone in your family. If you have elderly grandparents who need help getting in and out of the shower, then this is a great solution. Even if they are not elderly, they’ll appreciate having an easier time getting clean without feeling like they need assistance from someone else every time they want to take a shower.
- Your Home May Be Less Appealing When You Sell – Removing the tub can mean fewer buyers will want to purchase your home because there’s less space and function in the bathroom compared with other houses on the market. Whether it’s because they’re looking for a house with more bedrooms or more bathrooms, removing the bathtub is one less thing to appeal to potential buyers.
- No Tub for Soaking – Some people enjoy sitting in a hot tub or soaking bathtub after a long day at work or school — something that’s impossible if you remove your old one and replace it with just a shower stall. If you want to keep the option of taking a soak in the tub, consider keeping the tub in place but adding a walk-in shower stall next to it. This way, you can have both options available depending on your mood.
How Much Does it Cost to Convert a Bathtub to Shower?
The cost of converting a bathtub into a walk-in shower depends on the size of your bathroom and the materials used in remodeling it. For example, if you have an older house with a small bathroom, you might be able to convert your tub into a shower for less than $3,000. However, if you have a larger bathroom or want to add amenities like tile or granite walls and floors when you remodel it, expect your costs to exceed $5,000 or even $10,000 depending on how much work needs to be done on your bathroom’s plumbing system.
Sit Back and Relax While We Install Your New Shower
With a bathtub to shower conversion, you’ll be able to transform your bathroom from dull and outdated to modern and sophisticated! The best part? We’re here to help with everything from the initial planning stages to the final installation.
With our help, you can have a brand-new shower installed in no time at all. So what are you waiting for! Get started on your bathroom remodel with Allied Remodeling Contractors in Lehi, Utah, today!