You may have heard of National Home Improvement Month, and wondered what exactly it is. For us, it’s a chance to promote the benefits of home improvement and to encourage homeowners to take on that project they’ve been putting off. Make your home more comfortable, more livable, and more valuable. Invest in a little remodeling this month and you could be enjoying your beautiful, new home for years to come.
What is a Home Remodel
With summer on the horizon and spring cleaning still fresh in our minds, it’s time to think about getting your home in tip-top shape. The best way to do this is by investing in some remodeling projects around the house—things like updating your kitchen appliances, creating a master bathroom suite, or converting an attic or basement into a living space will not only make things more comfortable for you and your family but also increase the overall value of the property!
Benefits of Home Remodeling
Home remodeling is like a lot of things: it’s an investment. Whether you’re looking to improve your home for safety or comfort reasons, or simply because you want it to look different, there are many benefits of home remodeling. Let’s take a look at some of them:
- Increase the value of your home – updating homes is an important way to increase the value of your home. A newer, more attractive kitchen will appeal to buyers who are looking for an upgrade and will help you sell your home faster if you ever need to move.
- Improve comfort levels – when you improve the flow of air throughout your house with fresh new windows, new heating, and cooling systems, and more efficient insulation, you may find that it’s easier to keep your house cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
- Increase safety – updating old, worn-down features like outdated electrical systems, slippery hardwood floors or broken stairs can help make sure that everyone in your family is safe in their own space for years to come.
Seven Ways to Start Remodeling Now
If you’ve been putting off certain projects in your home, now is a great time to start them up. Not sure where to begin? Here are seven remodeling projects that can get the ball rolling.
- Update your kitchen
- Create a master bathroom suite
- Basement finishing
- Finish a garage
- Add a front porch or patio
- Add a deck or sunroom
- Replace windows or doors
Hire a Professional General Contractor
Hiring a professional general contractor is one of the smartest things you can do when it comes to remodeling your home. If you’re planning a major renovation project, you’ll want to work with a general contractor. Here are some reasons to why:
- They do the heavy lifting and take care of all the details, so you don’t have to.
- Ensures your remodel meets code requirements, which allows you to avoid costly mistakes and delays.
- They have relationships with subcontractors who they trust, giving them an edge over solo entrepreneurs.
- A general contractor can handle any size project and have the resources to get projects done on time and within budget.
- They are insured and licensed, so they’re a safer bet than an unlicensed and uninsured contractor
There’s Never Been a Better Time to Upgrade Your Kitchen, Bathroom, or Other Areas of Your House!
If you’ve been considering remodeling your home, now is the time to do so. Not only is May National Home Remodeling Month, but it’s also the start of summer, which means that you’ll have plenty of time to enjoy your new and improved space. What better way to spend the summer than in a relaxing new bathroom or lounging in a beautifully finished basement?
The possibilities are endless when it comes to home remodeling projects. When you work with Allied Remodeling Contractors, you won’t have to worry about building codes or permits because we handle all of that for you. Updating your home can make it more comfortable to live in, increase the home’s value and save you money on monthly operating costs.
If you are located near Utah County and have questions about a remodeling project let’s chat! Call Allied Remodeling Contractors at (385) 412-8088 today!