Whether you refer to it as the lavatory, restroom, toilet, water closet, shower room, or bath, we can all agree it is a room that most people want to feel comfortable in. It’s not just about the functionality of the space — it’s also about creating a relaxing atmosphere for yourself and your guests.
One of the most common questions we get from clients is how to make their restroom feel bigger and brighter. Whether you’re looking to do a bathroom remodel or just want to freshen up your current space, Allied Remodeling Contractors in Lehi, Utah can help!
Open up an Existing Restroom with these Tips
When it comes to bathrooms, there are some things you can do to make a small space feel bigger. Here are some ways to open up your restroom and make it feel more spacious:
- Light and Bright Paint. Choose brighter paint colors on the walls and lighter grout colors on the tile floors. Keeping the walls light and neutral so they don’t close in on the space.
- Mirrors. Install mirrors on opposite walls to reflect light into dark corners.
- Plenty of Lighting. Include ample lighting throughout the room (not just over the vanity area).
- Clear Glass Shelves. Clear shelves instead of wood ones over your vanity area so that more light reaches all sides of items stored in them.
- Use Large Glass Shower Doors. One of the first things we recommend when trying to make a small restroom feel larger is by installing large glass shower doors. By installing frosted glass or clear glass, it will allow natural light to come through, and it will also allow for better air circulation within the bathroom, which can help prevent mildew from growing inside.
- Use a Floating Vanity. A floating vanity is great for small bathrooms because it creates the illusion of extra space. It also provides more storage space for towels and toiletries underneath the sink.
- Bathtub to Shower Conversion. A bathtub to shower conversion is one way to make your restroom feel more open and bright. This type of renovation can be done in just a few days and doesn’t require any major renovations.
Open Feel Ideas for a new Bathroom Remodel
A bathroom remodel is a great way to add value to your home and make your space more functional. Whether you’re doing a full gut job or just making some small changes, there are a few things you can do to make your restroom feel bigger and more open.
Here are four ways to make your bathroom remodel feel more spacious:
- Take out the shower curtain rod and replace it with glass shower doors. This gives the illusion of open space by removing any built-in dividers that may be in your current space.
- Install an extra large shower head or rain shower head with multiple heads on one pipe that can be angled in different directions. This makes it feel like there isn’t even a wall there at all!
- Add mirrors along the back wall so it feels like you have more space than you actually do. They also help reflect light into darker spaces making everything seem brighter and larger than it actually is!
- Get rid of any unnecessary clutter around the sink area (medicine cabinets, towel racks, etc.) as these items tend to take up valuable square footage space that could be better utilized elsewhere in your restroom design layout plan!
- Knock down walls that may be separating areas of your restroom.
Allied Remodeling Contractors – Home Remodelers in Utah County, Utah
Whether you’re doing a complete remodel of your restroom or just updating one of your existing rooms, the experienced contractors at Allied Remodeling Contractors in Utah County can help with all your bathroom remodeling needs. We can help with any aspect of the project, from heating and cooling to electrical, plumbing, and remodeling. Our goal is to make your bathroom feel more open and inviting for you, your family, and your guests. With the right approach, you can have a functional and beautiful restroom. Call us today at (385) 412-8088 and let’s put together a plan for your bathroom remodel.