Chances are, if you’re reading this, you’ve already noticed that your shower isn’t in the best shape—but how do you know when it’s time to bite the bullet and get a new one? It’s not exactly cheap to replace a shower—you could be looking at spending $1,000 or more. The good news is, there are some key signs that will tell you whether it’s time to spring for a new one.
Signs That Your Shower Needs To Be Replaced
- You can tell if your shower needs replacing by looking at the grout between the tiles and the caulking around the entire edge of the tub or shower. If any of these areas are breaking down or coming loose, then it’s time to replace your shower.
- When you look at the bottom of your shower and see rust stains, it might be time to think about replacing it. Sure, those stains are an eyesore now, but they’re also an indication that the rest of the shower is probably worse off than you think. If water has been leaking through corrosion and wearing away at the metal underneath, then more damage could be lurking under the surface.
- A corroded floor also means that water is leaking out of your shower and into your bathroom floor. This leads to mold growth and other unsightly things that you really don’t want to deal with. A new shower will save you from all of this mess—especially if it has a waterproof lining as most new showers do now.
A few other things to check in your shower include :
- Is the drain in your shower clogged?
- Is the color of your grout changing?
- Do any tiles look cracked or damaged?
- Do you have any mold or mildew growing? (Find out what the CDC has to say about mold.)
What is the Cheapest way of Replacing and Remodeling a Shower?
If you’re remodeling a shower, acrylic or fiberglass is the budget-friendly choice. Acrylic panels can be applied quickly and easily to shower walls. They work best when replacing tile—you’ll first have to remove all the tile to ensure you’re attaching the acrylic to a smooth surface.
3 Types of Bathrooms to Choose From
If you’re planning to install a brand-new bathroom or update an existing one, it’s important to know what options are available. Typically speaking there are three main types—a master bathroom, a guest bathroom, and a half bath. However, the choices for how you configure and design them are just about infinite.
The master bathroom is typically located in the master bedroom, but it may also be found on an upper floor or lower level of your home. This is the room where you want to make a statement and get as creative as possible with your design choices.
A guest bathroom is typically small and has only basic amenities; however, this doesn’t mean you can’t make it beautiful! You can add small touches like sconces or mirrors that reflect light into an otherwise dark space.
A half bath is essentially a small powder room located off of another room such as a hallway or kitchen. It gets its name, half bath because it only has a vanity and a toilet.
Bathroom and Shower Remodelers in Lehi, Utah
When it comes to bathroom and shower remodelers, Allied Remodeling Contractors has a wide range of experience. They offer full bath remodeling services including tile work, plumbing, lighting, flooring, and more.
Since bathrooms are common rooms in the house, it’s important to ensure that they are not only functional but also beautiful.
If you are located in Lehi, Utah County, or Salt Lake County, we are the professionals you need to get the bathroom of your dreams. Call Allied Remodeling Contractors today or fill out this form and someone will get back to you within 24 hours to discuss your remodel.